Home | Feedback | Whygepsi | Sitemap
GEPSI Overview
GEPSI Study in UK
GEPSI Settle in UK
GEPSI Business Visa
GEPSI Visitor Visa
Quick Contact
+91 (079) 26426622
+91 (0) 9909955949
+1 416.609.3163
Gepsi Request Quote

Study in UK

The Tier 4 (General) category is for adult students who want to come to or remain in the UK for their post-16 education.
If you are 16 or 17 years old and you want to study a course at or above National Qualification Framework level 3, you can apply under this category or under Tier 4 (Child) - you should discuss and agree this with your approved education provider (known as a 'Tier 4 sponsor'). But if you want to study English as a foreign language, you must apply as a Tier 4 (General) student.
 Immigration Rules for Students
 (for recent updates, you may visit official UKBA website)
You must intend to study at a publicly funded university or college, a
bona fide private institution or a fee-paying independent school.
You must be able to and intend to follow a full time degree course, or a weekday, full time course at a single institution involving at least 15 hours of organized, daytime study per week.
You must be able to pay for your course and the living expenses of your husband or wife and children (if they are with you) without working in UK or claiming public funds.
You must not intend to work in UK unless you are accepted for a course lasting longer than six months, when you may work part-time or during vacations.
You must intend to leave UK at the end of your studies.
 The documents Required For obtaining 40 points:
A letter of acceptance on the course (CAS) - 30 Points.
This will be a letter from your institution confirming that a place has been offered to you and that the course is full-time as defined by the immigration law. The letter should state how long the course will last, the tuition fees , fees paid (if any) , documents on whose basis the admission has been confirmed, how the level of English needed for the course has been assessed and confirm that you satisfy this requirement.
Evidence of financial capability to meet course fees and living expenses as determined by the BHC - 10 points.
Depending on your circumstances, this could include evidence of government sponsorship or a UK sponsor confirming they will support you, Otherwise you need to show a Bank Balance, Fixed deposits, Education loan or a combination of all three to meet the living expenses stipulation. .
The immigration rules do not require unaccompanied students to show that accommodation has been arranged, in case your place of study has given you information about its availability, you should bring this to the attention of the ECO.
 The Interview
In case the ECO has some doubts regarding your application, they may call you for an interview. . The interview is to give you the opportunity to clarify for the ECO certain parts of your application. The ECO will be aiming to satisfy him or herself that your study plans are genuine and workable. The interview is a normal part of the process, but you may feel quite nervous before it and find it an uncomfortable experience. ECO's are trained professionals who will try to make the process as painless as possible, but the questions are necessarily very direct and personal.
 You should prepare for such an interview carefully. In particular:
Be familiar with all your study plans; why you chose the particular institution and course; how the course will help your future career;
Be clear about the cost of living and the course and your finances: do you have enough money to complete the course? Can you prove it?
Be as clear as you can about your likely future career in your country: what are you going to do on your return
Copyright © 2009 GEPSI All rights reserve. Home | About Us | Our Achievements | Services | Testimonials | Request Info | Contact Us
Disclaimer | Website Material
Designed & Developed By : KCS