Ontario, home to Canada’s Capital, Ottawa, and the country’s largest city, Toronto, issued 997 invitations to apply to the Express Entry candidates for Canadian Permanent Residence through its latest August 15 draw.
Ontario issued invitations to those Express Entry candidates who have experience in one of the 10 targeted occupations, as well as who have Comprehensive Ranking Score between 439 and 465.
The 10 targeted occupations are as below –
- 0114 Other administrative services managers
- 0601 Corporate sales managers
- 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 1111 Financial auditors and accountants
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 0111 Financial managers
- 1114 Other financial officers
- 0651 Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c
A job offer in the province is not required for the eligibility since the draws are a part of OINP’s Human Capital Priorities Stream, or OINP’s other Express Entry streams.
The first step is to submit a profile in Express Entry pool in order to be considered for the selection by OINP through any of its Express Entry streams.
The candidates have to meet the Federal and Provincial eligibility criteria for the Human Capital Priorities Stream before they are being issued a provincial nomination for Canadian PR.
Express Entry candidates who are invited to apply for the provincial nomination will get additional 600 points towards their CRS score, effectively guaranteeing an ITA for Canadian PR in a subsequent Express Entry draw.